Music is the heartbeat of QEHC. As one of our flagship areas of learning, we passionately believe that music should:
- encourage students to be inspired, moved and changed by following a broad, coherent,satisfying and worthwhile course of study
- develop broader life skills and attributes, including critical and creative thinking, aesthetic
- sensitivity, emotional awareness, cultural understanding, self-discipline, self-confidence and
- enable students to engage actively in the study of music
- develop musical skills and interests, including the ability to make music individually and in groups
- enable students to understand and appreciate a range of different kinds of music.
Individual Music Lessons
We are committed to ensuring that all students have the opportunity to learn a musical instrument and our team of peripatetic music teachers provide affordable, personalised tuition from as little as £4.17 per lesson. We can arrange lessons for any instrument and ensure that lessons start as soon as possible after your child has decided to learn an instrument. If you would like further information about this please contact Mr Racic.
The specification content is defined by four Areas of Study. Each Area of Study includes three set works that will be the subject of the examination. Students of all abilities enjoy exam success in GCSE Music.
For students who would prefer to explore the more vocational aspects of music, the BTEC Level 2 First Certificate and Diploma in Music are designed to introduce learners to working in the sector or prepare them for further study, such as a BTEC National qualification or an appropriate NVQ. Learners can choose from a wide variety of options to develop their skills in specific areas. Specialist units include DJ technology, rehearsal techniques and working as a musical ensemble.
Extra Curricular Music
We are proud of the wide and varied extra curricular opportunities students of all abilities have to contribute to extra curricular musical events. Our award winning choir regularly competes at Fleetwood Music and Arts Festival and sing evensong once each term in one of the cathedrals around the country; our Wassail is an annual, two night event every Christmas and our summer concert is also a highpoint in Music’s calendar. Throughout the year, students take part in many events both locally and nationally.